The Rhode Island Society of Orthotists and Prosthetists
“Promoting Wellness in the Orthotic and Prosthetic Community”
In 2005, William, Jonathan and Karen Teoli established the Rhode Island Society of Orthotists and Prosthetists along with area practitioners in the field. Comprised of Rhode Island Practitioners, RISOP is a not-for-profit organization. Through rehabilitation, advocacy and education the RISOP promotes wellness to the Prosthetic and Orthotic community. William Teoli serves as the current President, Jonathan Teoli serves as the current Secretary and Karen Teoli as the immediate past Secretary.
For many years, Rhode Island Practitioners in the field of Prosthetics and Orthotics have been working tirelessly to pass legislation that protects our patients. Thanks to the many, many hours of work at the statehouse, the patient support and testimony, and many years of effort, this ground-breaking legislation is now law.
- May 30, 2006 – Orthotist, Prosthetist ‘Freedom of Choice’ bill passes Senate
- To read the ‘Freedom of Choice’ Law
- May 31,2006 – House passes Giannini bills for Prostheses Coverage
- To read the Orthotics and Prosthetics Coverage Law
- August 18, 2006 – Orthotics, Prosthetics users protected by new laws
- To read the Prosthetics and Orthotics Licensure Law